Peaceful, easy-to-manage horse farm in popular Isle of Wight County, VA!
Well maintained 2,316 Sq Ft brick rancher on 5.19 partially open/wooded acres (for sale only). A 36' x 24' horse barn in the back pasture has stairs leading to a large hay loft, 3 roomy 12' x 12' stalls, a new 50-year metal roof, and running water from a freeze-free pump. It also has a 115 volt electric panel and a ground line phone jack. Of course if you'd rather use run-in sheds, the barn could easily be converted into a guest cottage or workshop! There are two good sized, fenced-in pastures that provide adequate grazing for up to three horses! Other open areas can also be fenced in for additional grazing, or for smaller livestock and pets.
Lots of open, sunny places for a vegetable garden, flower garden, etc., yet lots of mature trees for relaxing in the shade or hosting outdoor gatherings. No sewage bill with a septic system and there's an unlimited water supply (without the bill) from an artisian deep well. Cable TV service is installed and Satellite service is also available from major providers.
This is a solid, custom built older home with many upgrades:
> Quality, energy efficient tilt-in windows throughout
> New seamless gutters with extra large downspouts
> New 30 year GAF roof with ridge vents
> Newly remodeled, enclosed sunroom with central heat and A/C
> New HVAC system (electric heat pump)
This sprawling rancher has:
* Three roomy bedrooms
* Two full bathrooms with ceramic tile and marble countertops. (one is a master bath off the master bedroom)
* An entry foyer, formal living room, and formal dining room with beautiful white oak hardwood floors
* A large family room with unique, natural stone, wood burning fireplace
* A U-shaped kitchen (original to the home) with a classic triangle cooking area, bright upcycled cabinets and a nice breakfast bar/study space. All stainless steel appliances convey, including the side-by-side COUNTER DEPTH refrigerator!
* An impressive sunroom/playroom (23.25' long x 15.75' wide) with panoramic views of the barn, pastures, forests and wildlife
* A mudroom for your jackets and boots with access to the garage, laundry room and kitchen
* A bright Laundry room which includes a matching Maytag washer/dryer and a like new, electric water heater
* A large, well-lit attic that spans the entire house
* A deep crawlspace with a new, warrantied moisture barrier
This is a scenic property, tucked away at the end of a private gravel road in the safe and secluded subdivision of Shady Brook Farm. It's located just 10 minutes from grocery, shopping, pharmacy, medical, and dining in the town of Windsor, VA., and just 20 minutes from Historic Smithfield, VA. Hop on the nearby Interstates for easy commute to military bases, colleges, beaches and metro areas of Suffolk, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newport News and Williamsburg. Only a 1-1/2 hour drive to the city of Richmond, Virginia's capital, and a 2-1/2 hr drive to Charlottesville, VA.
The asking price is $394,500. Serious buyers please contact the owners if interested. Property shown by appointment, and pre-qualified buyers are encouraged to bring offers!